FIRST ANNUAL YOGA HIKE WITH CHARLOTTE
JULY 10TH, 2018 WE MEET @ TRAILHEAD PARKING LOT OF COAL BANK AT 8:30AM.
Tuition includes lunch and plant knowledge from Calida our plant expert - $40
Bring backpack with water, a notebook to jog down plant info and your phone/camera to take pictures of the plants, Hat, sunglasses, and good walking shoes, walking poles.
In the Ayurvedic Philosophy we use nature as a way of harnessing and amplifying Qi (energy) that exists all around us for health and wellness.
This walk/hike will focus on:
- Having Fun
- learning to harness Qi using breath and movement
- learning about edible and medicinal plants from our local plant expert Calida
- Nurturing our body with a plant based meal (gluten free, recipe is available)
We will have 3 options for you to chose from. Most importantly know your limits and take care of yourself. A number one priority is to take care of self, otherwise who will?
- walk to the pond. Many plants are at this elevation and you will gain valuable plant knowledge on this section. If you are not in good shape you stop here and then return after lunch.
- walk/hike to the meadow. At about 11,000 feet we will find a few different plants that primarily exist up here. If you are in moderately good shape you stop here for lunch.
- summit Engineer Mtn. at 12,992 feet. No plant knowledge will be gained here as it’s all rock :) Only if you are in good shape you can chose to go to the top. I will guide people to the summit provided you have good hiking shoes. This section is for people with efficient lungs and physical fitness. The view is spectacular and on a clear day you can see Durango.
The hike back is not organized as we will have split into smaller groups. However it’s good to stay with the people in your group. This adventure takes about a half a day. Bring plenty of water.
To get more information you can call 970-799-8950. Register in class or online at www.paypal.me/wellness7 Deadline for sign up is July 4th, 2018
Back to Home Page